Saturday, September 22, 2012

Self-defense



Self-defense
Grace pointed her .22 at Bobby. With determination, she fired the gun. Bobby dropped to the ground. Blood pooled around his lifeless body. Standing over his body, Grace smiled. As she dropped the gun a wave of cold washed over her. He deserved it she was sure of that, but that did not stop the panic that was setting over her as she realized that she was going to jail. Maybe she could claim self-defense. There are records at the police department of what he had done to her. All she would have to do is tell the police that he broke the restraining order, and that he broke into the house. 
            Grace dialed the police. “911 what’s your emergency?”
            “YES! My ex-husband broke into my house, I have a restraining order against him, and he broke in.”
            “Is he still in the house?”
            “Yes, but I shot him, and I think he is dead. I thought he was going to hurt me, he broke my arm the last time he was in my house, and he kept threatening me.”
            “Okay ma’am, the police are on their way.”
Grace started pacing. The police are on their way. I just have to stay calm and everything will be fine.  

-zombiegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment